You and Your Pets -- Pokemon WoW

Interested in posting an application or just dropping by to say hi? Post here.

Re: You and Your Pets -- Pokemon WoW

Postby Lali on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:02 pm

*Stickied*
Live Long & Game On
Lali
Site Admin

Postby Wingedwolf on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:44 am

I will apologize as the wiki has kinda come to a stop for the moment in any editing due to the fact of classes and having little time to decompress, eat dinner, and immediately log in for raids nearly. I will start back up on it soon as I can in between classes on Thursdays as I have a 2 hour gap before the next.

Slight headache from all the coding but excedrin is my friend.
Who knows who I will be the next day... Was Wingedwolf, now Krisella. Was Evolf but am now back to being Lunastone. NAME IDENTITY CRISES!
Wingedwolf

Postby Lali on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 am

sounds kinda busy, so yea things go on the back burner... btw excedrin has caffiene might not be great if you're up at 12:45 am :P
Live Long & Game On
Lali
Site Admin

Postby Wingedwolf on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:13 pm

It actually somewhat helps with my increasingly getting worse daily headaches I have yet to have any check-ups about yet. The coding is just tedious and very repetitive now and as I continue on with it I begin to add new goals and ideas to how can I make the wiki more open with info and organized therefore making my dinner plate look like I'm a huge fat-butt lol.

I know I have managed to keep Wowhead news posts up on the front page for it though about new pets coming in 5.2 so that's something I'm more than happy about. Once the datamined info is confirmed and permanent I can easily add it all into the appropriate sections.
Who knows who I will be the next day... Was Wingedwolf, now Krisella. Was Evolf but am now back to being Lunastone. NAME IDENTITY CRISES!
Wingedwolf

Postby Wingedwolf on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm

RAWR! 5.2 has been released as of Tuesday and now there are more pets! -spaz attack-

I just did some more research and it has been confirmed and said that even Throne of Thunder LFR bosses will drop combat pets! This will continue pet collectors to keep doing LFR, Normal, and Heroic mode for these little suckers.

Throne of Thunder pets:

• Ji-Kun Hatchling -- Ji-Kun
  • Living Sandling -- Council of Elders
  • Son of Animus -- Dark Animus

Fishing Pets (required skill of fishing (+1)):

• Tiny Red Carp -- Dread Wastes, Kun-Lai Summit, Townlong Steppes
  • Tiny Green Carp -- Krasarang Wilds, The Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds
  • Tiny Blue Carp -- Townlong Steppes, Vale of Eternal Blossoms
  • Tiny White Carp -- Kun-Lai Summit

El's Extreme Anglin' Fishing Guide -- Is a helpful site/guide for those wanting to fish the crud outa the waters for these guys!

Isle of Giants (randomly dropped):
  • Zandalari Anklerender
  • Zandalari Footslasher
  • Zandalari Kneebiter
  • Zandalari Toenibbler

Isle of Gianst (dino bones):
  • Spectral Porcupette -- Complete the quest "A Large Pile of Dinosaur Bones" (999 bones)

Beasts of Fable (new daily!):
  • Red Panda -- Obtained for completing Beasts of Fable for the first time
  • Mountain Panda -- Fabled Pandaren Pet Supplies (Daily)
  • Snowy Panda -- Fabled Pandaren Pet Supplies (Daily)
  • Sunfur Panda -- Fabled Pandaren Pet Supplies (Daily)

Note: The daily for these beauties DOES require you to once again, battle all 10 of the Elite pets throughout Pandaria. I will shortly post where and what type they are along with tips of battling them.

The Beasts of Fable can be recognized on your mini-map by the yellow/gold paw print. Engaging these brutes causes a 3v1 fight to happen. Although you may have the advantage of having more pet bodies to throw against them, these elites can and will hurt!

Rare Spawned Pets:
  • Sunreaver Micro-Sentry -- Dropped by Haywire Sunreaver Construct on Isle of Thunder (Note: Tag sharing affects this rare spawn so do not fret when you see nearly 20 people waiting at the spawn point as well! Get in and bash the constructs face in!)
  • Spawn of G'nathus -- Dropped by G'nathus in Townlong Steppes (Note: Upon further researching exactly who this G'nathus was, my heart sunk. He was/is claimed to be similar to that of the whaleshark. G'nathus on WoWhead. Comments suggest he can be tanked to the face with dps dropping his hp, this may be a preferred method but risks having to roll for the pet against others as well).

New TCG Pet:
  • Gusting Grimoire -- Betrayal of the Guardian card set
Last edited by Wingedwolf on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingedwolf

Postby Hunney on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:51 pm

And with our 10man being full of pet collectors the raid zone pets will cause a frenzy!!!
Don't hate yourself in the morning...
Sleep in till noon.
Hunney

Postby Wingedwolf on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur~

After recent events, good and bad, I've finally had a chance to re-look over the wiki I was attempting to work/start on. As great as this is... how many of the pet farmers/guildies interested in this part of WoW ACTUALLY log into the forums?! D: This even was moved to the Visitor section so no one had to really log in to read it LOL!

Anyway, I will probably be deconstructing it then restarting it new again as I've a few better ideas for Organizing and Navigation. I may include a few other things into it aside from just the pet system. Factions and their dailies, updated tidbits. Sort of that FAQ go to section that I've seen a couple people ask over and over. Wait... that requires tabbing out and bringing up the interwebs, nevermind :P probably too much work for me anyway right now until the end of the semester.

Back to pets:

I. Hate. Fishing. Those. New. Carps. THE END.

I'm curious of how hard the Eel rare spawn in Townlong Steppes is and how difficult it will be to kill him. I will also ask this eventually in guild chat online when I get the chance and set up an available day on the calender for invites. I'd actually like to try and at least get one of us this little bugger. If you have any interest, let me know!

So far:
Lunastone
Hunneybear

---------

Also, those hunting on the Isle of Giants for dino bones, there are eggs that drop in there, similar to the oracles that give you raptor mounts! Harder and bigger dinos have a better chance to drop these.

----------

I think my head is going to explode very soon... so much html and bccode I do now. Not even funny x.x I need a minion slave... I mean... helper with this LOL, maybe. I will apologize for the wiki being so far behind. Recently I've gotten news of being told I will be a mod very soon after waiting the month, almost two months of having put in an app for doing so after somehow being the one dumped on with the responsibility of managing updates and information of two other sites. Luna has been torn into different directional pieces and will be working on it now.
Wingedwolf

Postby Wingedwolf on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 am

Dear merciful game gods.. I'm in tears! They've heard my cries of the dinosaur age!!!!

5.3 PTR New Pets: WoWHead

There will be another achievement for pet collecting similar to that of "Raiding with Leashes", woo!

New wild pets (Unborn Val'kyr is probably... the worst named/worded pet) and adorable baby direhorns!!! Horridon will be dropping one himself, in fact, more pets are being added to Throne of Thunder bosses!

PvP pet battles not worth it in the past? They are now! Speculation has it that at 250 pvp battle wins... you get a little direhorn!

Primordius will be receiving not only a pet for LFR and Normal but a HEROIC pet only too!

Stay tuned for more, you wonderful Pet Hunters!
Wingedwolf

Postby kyn1982 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 am

Not only does wow progression keep track of rankings but the also do pet rankings for players as well.

Here's llanes/players rankings

http://www.wowprogress.com/petscore/us/llane
kyn1982

Postby Wingedwolf on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:49 pm

I was wondering what Hunney was talking about yesterday! She's like, "Hey hey! Check this out!!!! You're in the top 100 for Llane on petscores! Kyn is like, 13 or something!"

My small break from trying to collect and work on a guide has put me back a bit... must fix this >.>

Great link though, thank you! =)
Wingedwolf

PreviousNext

Return to Visitors Forum