You and Your Pets -- Pokemon WoW

Interested in posting an application or just dropping by to say hi? Post here.

You and Your Pets -- Pokemon WoW

Postby Wingedwolf on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Pet Battle System
Shiny, new, somehow avoided Nintendo/GameFreak from an attempt sue at Blizzard, and definitely fun.

Shift + P is the shortcut key Blizzard has set as default for most, if not all, users of WoW. You can use the search engine to type in the specific pet name you are looking for, edit the option tabs to only see the ones you have collected, marked as favorite, or haven't collected yet.

Right clicking the pet within the long list on the left-side column of the pet box will give you yet more options as well.
    ->Summon
    ->Rename
    ->Mark as Favorite/Remove as Favorite
    ->Release
    ->Put in Cage

Pet Quality________
  • Poor
  • Common
  • Uncommon
  • Rare
  • Elite

Now you can start setting up your team and checking out your abilities per pet! Do note: To change out Lv1-5 abilities with Lv10,15, and 20 abilities you have to click the squares in which the pet ability icon is. A drop box will appear that will allow you to change back and forth between them before and after battling. (This actually took me a day or two to realize after leveling my first pet past Lv10).

"Force" Spawning Rares While You are Hunting:
As many commenters on Wowhead and Warcraftpets have stated, this method is quite useful when farming those hard to get pets. "Force" spawning is referred when a player is killing the non-combat critters that can't be battled and battling abled critters to speed up the chance of said rare pet to spawn. Do be aware as this can take from starting at 10min to 4 hours, possibly longer.

Hard to Get Rares:____________

• Lv17 Anodized Robo Cub: Everlook CRZ* (Winterspring/Kalimdor) has a chance to spawn around and/or inside Everlook while killing critters around the town.
  • Minfernal: Shatter Scare Vale CRZ* (Felwood/Kalimdor) Currently a myth.
  • Lv19 Cogblade Raptor: Scalewing Shelf/Toshley's Station CRZ* (Blade's Edge Mountains/Outlands) Kill critters around the circle until one appears or use the work-around trick for CRZs. You can fly into Blades Edge from Netherstorm and have a macro ready as there may be cogblade raptors inside Toshley's Station itself near the landing zone.
  • Lv13-14 Infinite Whelping: Caverns of Time entrance/slope CRZ* (Tanaris/Kalimdor) Quite a few people I've already seen are HARD camping these. Commenters have mentioned that it is easier to catch these after a sandstorm happens as people run off catching the Silithd Hatchling.
  • Lv3 Harpy Youngling: Dry Hills CRZ* (Northern Barrens/Kalimdor)It is unsure whether it is tied to the harpies or critters within the Zone. Does not appear as Secondary/Third.
  • Lv6 Lofty Libram: Dalaran Crater CRZ* (Hillsbrad Foothills/Eastern Kingdom) Kill every rat possible and battle every rat for a chance at it to appear as a "secondary" combatant
  • Lv7 Crow: Darkmoon Isle (Portal can be found in Elwynn Forest/Eastern Kingdom) Appears as a Secondary when engaging the Darkmoon Glow Flies, may take several until one appears.
  • Lv? Giraffe Calf: Southern Barrens CRZ* (Kalimdor) Can be found past the overgrowth areas of the Zone. They can be found running with packs of Giraffes or alone. They will not appear as a Secondary/Third.
  • Lv17 Flayer Youngling: Razorthorn Rise CRZ*(Terokkar Forest/Outlands) Could be considered hard to get. Kill critters within Terokkar Forest then fly back up to the Rise. Took a little over 10 critters to see at least 1 spawn. Does not appear as a Secondary/Third.
  • Lv20 Fel Flame: Fel Pits/Hand of Gul'dan CRZ* (Shadowmoon Valley/Outlands) Can be extremely hard to find as they can spawn all around the fel pits. May take a few fly arounds and/or killing critters.
  • Lv22-23 Emerald Proto-Whelp: Savage Thicket CRZ* (Sholozar Basin/Northrend)There may be 1-3 up at a time, it is still unknown whether they are tied to the proto-drakes or critters within the area.
  • Lv23 Nordrassil Wisp: Nordrassil CRZ* (Mount Hyjal/Kalimdor) Can spawn near the entrance or around the Inn, and/or around the Lake. Do note that completing Hyjal quests will phase you at this area but should not affect the Wisps spawning.
  • Lv23 Death's Head Cockroach: Sulfuron Spine CRZ* (Mount Hyjal/Kalimdor) Appears as a Secondary/Third when engaging various critters around the Sulfuron Spine.
  • Lv23 Twilight Fiendling: The Twilight Breach, The Black Breach, The Devouring Breach CRZ* (Twilight Highlands/Eastern Kingdoms) This was a tough one to get for me. The Devouring Breach is phased as well as the lil buggers will be too. It is rumored that either Twilight or Black breach are NOT phased zones so you may have luck in these spots. If you have an alt that has not completed Twilight Highlands quests, you can fly through all 3 spawn areas without phasing issues. Possibility of spawning as a Secondary(?)
  • Lv23-25 Sumprush Rodent: Krasarang Wilds (Pandaria) Can be easily captured by someone who can use the Rodent Crate (2000 Domination Point Commission). Speak to Yinian if possible to catch one as he has the crate, find someone else who has it, or farm the points.

* Cross-Realm Zones: There will be multiple people from almost nine other servers making it possibly harder to get.
More to be added to the list

Special Conditions to Certain Wild Pets:_______
These wild pets have to meet certain conditions within the zone to be able to be battle-able. Such as a specific area of the land needs to be raining, or a certain time-frame of the game itself, or possibly the time of season that is calculated by real life, not game standards. Some pets only happen early morning then disappear as some pets disappear all night and return in the afternoon. Always check back into your pet log and double-check the critter's special condition if there is one. I will soon implement a list of which pets have these conditions.

Time Frames:
    Early Morning = 12am-8:50ish am ST
    Afternoon = 12pm-?pm ST
    Evening = ?-?pm ST

Season Time Frames:
    Winter: November, December
    Spring:
    Summer:
    Fall:

Wild Pets with Special Conditions and Where:_______
    Lv17 Arcane Eye: around Kharazan (Deadwind Pass/Eastern Kingdoms) Early Morning Condition
    Arctic Fox Kit: The Storm Peaks (Northrend) Snowing Condition
    Lv10 Baby Ape: Jaguero Isle (Cape of Stranglethorn/Eastern Kingdoms) Raining Condition
    Lv4 Little Black Ram: Mountains/Ridges around the Lake of Loch Modan (Eastern Kingdoms) Morning/Afternon Condition
    Lv18 Restless Shadeling: Underground areas near Kharazan (Deadwind Pass/Eastern Kingdoms) Early Morning Condition
    Lv? Silithid Hatchling: Tanaris (Kalimdor) Sandstorm Condition
    Lv? Wanderer's Festival Hatchling: Krasarang Cove (Krasarang Wilds/Pandaria) Festival Event happens every Sunday at 11pm ST
    Lv? Wild Golden/Crimson/Jade Hatchling: Arboretum (Jade Forest) Exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent
    Lv? Qiraji Guardling: Silithus (Kalimdor) Summer Condition
Do know that sandstorms, snowstorms, rainy days are not always guaranteed to happen a few times within a single day. It could take a few days for the weather condition to actually happen in-game.

Pets Obtained via Achievements:_____________
  • Obtain 50 unique pets - Reeking Pet Carrier
  • Obtain 75 unique pets - Little Fawn's Salt Lick
  • Obtain 100 unique pets - Nuts' Acorn
  • Obtain 125 unique pets - Brilliant Kaliri
  • Obtain 150 unique pets - Celestial Dragon
  • Obtain 250 unique pets - Feral Vermling
  • Obtain 400 unique pets - Venus
  • Earn 400 pet battle achievement points - Jade Tentacle
  • Higher Learning - Kirin Tor Familiar
Last edited by Wingedwolf on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 am, edited 23 times in total.
Who knows who I will be the next day... Was Wingedwolf, now Krisella. Was Evolf but am now back to being Lunastone. NAME IDENTITY CRISES!
Wingedwolf

Re: You and Your Pets -- Pokemon WoW

Postby Lali on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 am

I will more than likely be taking a close look at this in the future when I've got time, thanks for posting :) My 6 year old would be drooling at this list...
Live Long & Game On
Lali
Site Admin

Postby Wingedwolf on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm

After goofing around on Evolf to reacquaint myself with druid tanking, I've been back and forth between servers to touch up as well on my original druid. Well, doing Argent Tournament dailies with my horde Druid I should say -- I should have more Horde Pets from there shortly and will be more than willing to acquire more should anyone need them.
Who knows who I will be the next day... Was Wingedwolf, now Krisella. Was Evolf but am now back to being Lunastone. NAME IDENTITY CRISES!
Wingedwolf

Postby Daplinksta on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:28 pm

I could use a muckbreath or a snarly on Plink of course. I'd kill for the frigid frostling(every day for 3 yrs and still didn't get it.) TY in advance.
WHO BROKE THE DAMN SHACKLE?!?!
-Plink

Daplinksta

Postby Wingedwolf on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:01 am

Sorry for the very late reply as I will get those into the mail asap now! Haven't fully bookmarked sites yet and such on this darn thing.

Will also update the pet post with time frames and such for those hunting rares! Going to get a little more in-depth since I have time to kill today in class.
Wingedwolf

Re: You and Your Pets -- Pokemon WoW (More In-depth)

Postby Wingedwolf on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Taken directly from warcraftpets.com's front news page
http://www.warcraftpets.com/

A new 5.2 PTR build was released. The latest patch includes 9 new datamined companions and a new achievement.

Sunfur Panda (BoP) - Quest reward
Snowy Panda (BoP) - Quest reward
Mountain Panda (BoP) - Quest reward
Spectral Porcupette (BoU) - Quest reward (Isle of Giants)
Stunted Direhorn (BoU) - Drop: Isle of Giants
Sunreaver Micro-Sentry (BoP) - Drops from Sunreaver Construct (The Lighting Isle)
Living Sandling (BoP) - Drop: Throne of Thunder
Zandalari Hatchling (BoP) - Drop: Isle of Giants
Son of Animus (BoP) - Drop: Throne of Thunder

New Wild Pets

Elder Python
Electrified Razortooth
Swap Croaker
Thundertail Flapper

All of these new wild battle pets make their home on the Isle of Lightning.

Elite Pets Achievement
Fabled Pandaren Tamer was confirmed by Mumper on Twitter to be the new Elite Battle Pets achievement.

As mentioned in the 5.2 PTR patch notes, players will have a chance to encounter an Elite Pet in the wild. These fearsome wild pets will be standalone "boss" battles.

A quest to help track your progress will be available, and upon completion the reward will be the Red Panda companion!
Wingedwolf

Postby Lali on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 am

this is a really awesome guide, I'd consider moving it to the "Visitors" forum so out-of-guild people could see the work you've put together here...

I've been playing more with my 6 year old and she really loves this, I'm sure she would flip out with excitement to compare notes with you about pets she still needs... We've camped out quite a few of those rares already, kinda fun and good use for some of those dusty alts :)
Live Long & Game On
Lali
Site Admin

Postby Wingedwolf on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Not entirely sure how to move this thing as I'm still editing the crud out of it lol! I am slowly working in information of the tamers and their pets from my notes to here.

Also for more information regarding 5.2 patch for more pets can be found in the following link along with screenshots and detailed information of the Elite Pets and the pandas! I super squealed over the panda looks.

Wowhead's news of 5.2 Pets
Wingedwolf

Postby Lali on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 am

Cool, yea, if it's okay with you I can move it over into the public forum, I think this is super helpful, and the pet battling I was initially skeptical about, but it's one of the more fun things about this expansion
Live Long & Game On
Lali
Site Admin

Postby Wingedwolf on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm

That's fine with me lol, hoping it does help out other people.

Overall I'm very hesitant in adding ALL the wild pets in each zone overall simply because there's almost over 600 pets in total. Of course I may just have to chunk it all into separate reply posts.

New news: I will attempt to keep up this guide here but I have finally started up a wiki to make the information a little more organized and all in one spot instead of someone having to scroll through every bit of information. The wiki is currently in progress now! Any help in editing would be fantastic! I have currently only started in on Pandaria and will be working my ways backwards before starting in on the Tamers. If you do help please try and follow the current coding I have set up unless you are more familiar with such things. Thanks!

http://krisellasguide.wikidot.com/start
Wingedwolf

Next

Return to Visitors Forum